Monday, 4 May 2009
Week 10: Tags/Social Bookmarks
I have a delicious account, and can see how sharing bookmarks within and between branches would make for good practice and help staff stay up to date with reference resources on the net. I dunno, though, there is something preventing me from hitching my wagon to the social bookmarking train with as much enthusiasm as with other Web 2.0 apps. I think it's because delicious' layout and navigation mechanisms seem ugly and onerous to me rather than intuitive. Also, I apply tags with insufficient precision, so that my account has become an unwieldy collection of lists of things I might have found interesting at some point, but may not be helpful for the task at hand. Just in general, delicious seems to require more work to manage than other tools. Which is not to say it isn't worth it. I might just have link fatigue :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree that delicious doesn't "look" good in the navigation and layout area, but I think tags could be of great help as a supplement to the subject headings of books. :)
ReplyDelete