Friday, 8 May 2009

Facebook comes through

I just joined the Facebook fangroup for M.T. Anderson, our AHR author for October. I am indeed a huge fan of this dude. As I may have expressed previously to some, I get so excited when I think about his upcoming visit that I experience mild nausea. Here's hoping that it doesn't get worse! It would be disappointing to miss the presentation due to uncontrollable emesis*

Anyhoo, the Facebook fangroup linked to a videoclip of M.T. Anderson and John Green (another well-regarded YA author) exploring abandoned buildings in Detroit and scaring themselves silly.
My favorite part is when John Green films M.T. Anderson reporting on their rapid exit from a building:

We heard people walking around, we heard people talking, we had to flee. You can tell John's anxiety from the fact that the camera's shuddering like a... like a dove. Giving birth.

There's also a Facebook group called "Feed readers who think Facebook should have listened to M.T. Anderson," which kinda seems too self-contradicting.

*sorry for the fancypants word. Suddenly got nervous that the other terms for this physiological process are inappropriate for a work blog

1 comment:

  1. OOOOH - Can't wait to get off the ref desk and see that clip!

    ReplyDelete